Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"...To promote the general Welfare,..."

One of my friends at work has been telling me what he wants out of Welfare. He is not like me, and wants complete abolition of the "Welfare"-system. However, he wants a more strict purchasing power of it. Such as, you can buy pasta but not soda.

I have always disagreed with him, and still do! However, today I was checking for a customer, who used food stamps to purchase their groceries. Most of it was for living, and that I can understand as that is what welfare is supposed to be there for. However, he bought five giant bags of candy. I don't know about you, but I don't want our tax money going to some guy so he can provide little kids with candy on Halloween, so they guy can still buy alcohol and pet food.

If we are going to keep this retarded system, can we at least get some limitations on this? Is Congress really that inept and corrupt? What exactly is going on here?

Welfare drives up inflation pretty bad because of this, we keep pumping the money in, and I keep seeing more and more people on it. How is this helping a nation in need of more knowledge of economics and budgeting?

No comments: